Barwon Water Watermain Relocation
Client: DJILIANG Alliance
Location: Waurn Ponds Geelong
Project Overview: South Geelong to Waurn Ponds Rail Duplication:
Installation of approximately 2.2km DN1085 MSCL and 700 metres of DN813 MSCL pipe including designed fittings and assemblies. Collaborating with Dijlang Alliance to accelerate program to complete well ahead of contract deadlines.
- Works completed under occupation on a 24hour basis.
- Installed 2.2km of DN1085 MSCL and 700m of DN813 MCSL pipes.
- Installation of 5xDN1000 and 1xDN750 Butterfly valves.
- Flushing, pressure testing, disinfecting and chlorination and commissioning of new watermain.
- Installation of the cathodic protection system.
- Removal of 614m of redundant OD800 watermain and reinstatement of area.
- Excavated in excess of 32,249 m3, backfilled 16,750 tons of sand and welded over 449 pipe joints.