Bonbeach-Chelsea Detention Tanks
Client: Southern Program Alliance
Location: Bonbeach, Victoria
- Successful installation and temporary works for live gas and sewer running adjacent to works parallel on each side.
- Strategic methodology by team to successfully install works in close vicinity to the existing train station which had sensitive structural integrity with no impact to the structure.
- Large interface with other trades
- Works were undertaken during a large rail occupation, and it was critical to complete the works to enable trains running. Works were complete on time as required.
- Installation of 230m storm tank detention system with pre-cast base.
- Working between existing gas and water mains
- CCTV works.
- Removal and disposal of existing asbestos lined pipe.
- Excavation of 6m wide x 250m long x 4m deep to enable detention tank construction.
- Supply and installation of large shields to enable the 4m deep detention tank installation.
- Installation of 60 cells that each weighed 7t cater for 650kL. Installed at 4m deep.
- All lifting of units was undertaken using excavators equipped with LMS for safety.
- Works required the existing gas and water mains to be supported temporarily as the existing services were within 0.5m of the excavation